This is a recipe that both vegetarians and meat lovers can enjoy. It is full of flavor that is satisfying for adults and kids alike.
Healthy Pasta Salad
- 12 ounces pasta bow tie pasta works well
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 18 ounces cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup black olives sliced (optional)
- 2 Tbsp fresh chives or 2 tsp minced onion
- ¼ cup fresh basil or 2 tsp dried basil
- 1 cucumber, large
- 4 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 7 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
Boil pasta, adding 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder to the water.
Combine cooked pasta, chopped tomatoes, sliced olives, chopped cucumber, and minced chives (or onion) in a large bowl.
Add basil, and stir to combine.
In a small bowl, mix white wine vinegar and olive oil. Stir into salad.
Add 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder and salt/pepper to taste.
Recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver's pasta salad