Many of you know that I love salad. When I’m in a hurry, you’ll often find me chowing down on a heap of raw spinach leaves or romaine lettuce, drizzled with one of my many homemade salad dressings, but when I have the time, I enjoy being more creative.
This salad is a tasty way to enjoy broccoli. It’s easy to make and is the perfect addition to a holiday spread or as part of a weekday meal.
- 4 cups chopped fresh broccoli
- 1-2 large ripe mangoes (peeled, pitted, and diced)
- 1/2 cup red onion or chives, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup buttermilk ranch salad dressing
- 3 Tbso orange juice
- 1 Tbsp prepared horseradish
- 11 ounces canned mandarin orange sections, drained or sliced, fresh clementines
- 3/4 cup cashews
Combine broccoli, mango, and onion in a large bowl.
Combine ranch dressing, orange juice, and horseradish in a small bowl.
Add the dressing mixture to the broccoli mixture, and toss. Top with orange sections.
Mix in cashews immediately before serving to prevent them from becoming soft and mushy.