Last Saturday, both Mr. Handsome and I woke up craving blueberry pancakes. I still had a large bag of frozen blueberries that I had picked in early July, so we decided to go for it. I pulled out a basic pancake recipe that I have had since childhood and tweaked it. Both of us loved the result!
few have burst (approximately 3 minutes per side, depending on heat level).
Remove from heat, and add desired toppings.
- In a small bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, salt, and baking powder Stir to blend.
- In a bowl with a spout, combine egg, milk, and olive oil. Whisk mixture until blended.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, and stir to combine, being careful not to overwork. Fold in blueberries.
- Grease pan or griddle with oil or butter, and heat 2 minutes over medium heat before adding pancake batter.
- Pour 3-4 inch pancakes onto cooking surface. Flip when air bubbles form and a few have burst (approximately 3 minutes per side, depending on heat level).
- Remove from heat, and add desired toppings.