Ever had one of those days when all you need is a good, hearty meal? Well then I have a new recipe to share with you. This stew is delicious and chocked full of veggies. The first time I made it, I was shocked to find out that my husband had never had beef stew. Maybe it’s not as normal of a meal as I thought…
Basic Beef Stew
Servings 6 servings
- 1-1/2 lbs beef stew meat sold in cubes
- 2 Tbsp oil
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1-1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2-3 cups assorted chopped veggie Carrots, broccoli stems, green beans, celery, peas, mushrooms, etc
- 3-4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 2 tsp cornstarch, dissolved in 2 teaspoons water Optional but makes stew thicker
Add oil to a dutch oven or regular pot, and cook meat (on the stove) until brown.
Add beef stock and spices, and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
Mix in veggies, onion, and potatoes. If you want a thicker stew, add the cornstarch dissolved in water.
Cover and simmer for another 1-2 hours.