- 1 1/2 pounds beef stew meat (sold in cubes)
- 2 Tablespoons oil
- 4 cups beef stock
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 medium-sized onion, chopped
- 2-3 cups assorted, chopped veggies*
- 3-4 medium-sized potatoes, peeled and chopped
- Optional: 2 teaspoons cornstarch dissolved in 2 teaspoons water (makes stew thicker)
1. Add oil to a dutch oven or regular pot, and cook meat (on the stove) until brown.
2. Add beef stock and spices, and bring to a boil. Cover and simmer 45 minutes.
3. Mix in veggies, onion, and potatoes. If you want a thicker stew, add the cornstarch dissolved in water.
4. Cover and simmer for another 1-2 hours.
*This time I added carrots, broccoli stems, and green beans, but in the past I have also added celery, peas, and mushrooms.