As I’ve mentioned in the past, I’m always trying to work more chicken dishes into my recipe repertoire. Chicken Parmesan is one that I’ve made several times, and I’ve finally perfected it enough to share it with you all. It’s one of my favorites!
- 2 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 3/4 cup bread crumbs I use Panko
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese powdered or freshly grated
- 3/4 tsp basil dried or fresh
- 3/4 tsp parsley dried or fresh
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika I use smoked paprika
- 1 egg
- 1/2 jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese powdered or freshly grated
Grab two bowls. In the first: mix the bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, basil, parsley, garlic powder, and paprika. In the second bowl, beat the egg.
Prepare the baking dish by coating it with oil. Cut the chicken breasts in half so you have four thin, even fillets.
Coat each chicken breast with egg, and then coat it with the bread crumb mixture.
Place chicken breasts in baking dish, and bake at 375F for 12 minutes per side. Using a spoon, cover chicken breasts with spaghetti sauce, mozzarella cheese, and Parmesan cheese.
Bake for an additional 10 minutes, or until chicken is fully cooked (time will depend on thickness of chicken breasts). Chicken should be cooked to an internal temperature of 165.