How many of my readers are hummus fans? I sure am! Last week, I was randomly craving chips and hummus after having gone several months without having any. The Walmart brand was decent, but after finishing the entire tub in one week, I decided to make my own. The recipe I came up with was leaps and bounds better than store-bought.
- 1-15 oz can garbanzo beans
- 1/4 cup tahini often found in the international aisle
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2-1/2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
Combine ingredients, and blend using an immersion hand blender--such as a Bamix--until creamy. (Food processors and regular blenders work, as well.)
Store in the refrigerator. Serve with chips or veggies.