Happy Friday! To celebrate the end of another week, how about I share a fabulous dessert recipe with you all? Any objections? This recipe is quick and easy….and oh so delicious!
cup sugar (can cut down to 1/8 cup if you prefer a less sweet dessert)
cup unsweetened cocoa powder
cups milk (any kind works)
ounces chocolate chips (I use semi-sweet)*
- Whisk together the sugar, cocoa powder, cornstarch, and salt in a heavy, 2-quart saucepan.
- Gradually whisk in the milk, and bring to a boil, whisking constantly until the pudding is thick (about 3-5 minutes).
- Remove from heat.
- Beat the egg in a medium-sized, heat-proof bowl.
- SLOWLY add the hot chocolate mixture to the egg, whisking constantly. You do not want the egg to cook.
- Whisk in the chocolate chips until they are melted and the mixture is smooth.
- Pour the pudding into cups or small bowls.
- To prevent a skin from forming, place wax paper or plastic wrap over the surface of the pudding. (This step is optional and can get messy.)
- Refrigerate until cold (at least 2 hours).
with different chocolate flavors. You can use a bar of chocolate if you cut it
into small pieces so it melts easily.