A reader encouraged me to a share 20 random facts about myself, so here goes! (The bolded blue type indicates the link to a post that provides more info.
1. My name is Ellie, and I am a newlywed in my early 20s who loves the Lord.
2. My husband–whom I refer to as Mr. Handsome–and I were married in June 2015 after a 23-month dating courtship and a three-month engagement. We were married in a church in his hometown and had an outdoor wedding reception with nearly 300 guests in my in-laws’ backyard.
3. I grew up in the suburbs of a large city, while my husband is from the country. We now live in Nashville, Tennessee (hence the name of my blog).
4. I work at home as a freelance writer.
5. I only have one sibling (a brother who is three years older), and although we are close, I always begged my parents to have more children.
|Skiing with my brother (-20F)|
6. My husband is the oldest of seven, and we both hope to have a large family. (We say our range is 4-10 kids.)
7. Growing up, my family rarely went out to eat. (And by rarely, I mean less than 10 times.) My husband’s family enjoys eating out at least a few times per month, so that’s something I have had to adjust to in our marriage.
8. My family is originally from Canada, so my parents both learned to ski from an early age and passed that on to my brother and me. Starting when I was six years old, we hit the slopes almost every weekend.
9. We never had dogs or cats, but we did have birds. Our parakeet wasn’t trained, but we allowed him to fly free in the bathroom for a few hours per week. Our cockatiel, on the other hand, loved to sit on shoulders and give kisses.
10. Mr. Handsome is not a fan of birds, so it’s unlikely that we will ever have one.
11. Dark chocolate is my guilty pleasure.
12. I was born at 8:30pm on Easter Sunday. My mom’s labor was so quick that she was able to attend church and organize a small Easter egg hunt for my brother before heading to the hospital.
13. I only drink coffee when I have to drive long distances, but when I do, I like it black. (On the rare occasion that I receive a Starbucks gift card, I do indulge in one of their sugary lattes or iced drinks, although one can hardly consider that true coffee.)
14. I shower at night because I find it more relaxing. Is that weird?
|Valentine’s Day banquet|
15. I played competitive tennis and badminton in high school. (While tennis has a steeper learning curve, badminton rallies are actually quicker and more physically demanding when playing competitively.)
16. My goal for 2016 is to read through the Bible.
17. Guacamole is my second guilty pleasure.
18. My passion for writing prompted me to pursue a bachelor’s degree in news-editorial journalism.
19. I attended a state school with more than 40,000 students but was blessed to live in a house with three dozen other like-minded Christian gals. (I bunked in a large dorm with 19 of them but somehow managed to sleep soundly every night!)
20. During college, I cooked a meal for my 36 “sisters” every week, so I’m not at all intimidated by the idea of preparing food for large crowds.
I would love to hear some random facts about you all!